refer to my previous post to see the difference:
Information to know up front:
Storage policy/profile name
Storage capability (Rule-Set 1 Tag) - vSphere Web migrated the capabilities to Tags
- This is normally handled by storage team which will provide the LUN.
- Since I am also the storage engineer I created the LUN from my Dynamic Pool on the Hitachi AMS 2100.
Within vCenter server web client:
- Right click the ESXi host from vCloud datastore
- Select "all vCenter actions" from menu -> Rescan storage
- Only need to check the Scan for new Storage devices.
- Rick click the ESXi host again
- Select "New datastore".
- Type - VFMS or NFS depending on block or file level storage.
- Datastore name
- Select version
- Partition size
- Go to vSphere web client home page.
- Select VM storage policies which will be associated to this datastore.
- Edit the VM storage policy, select Rule-set and write down the Tag name
- Right click the newly added datastore
- Select "Assign Tag"
- Add the Tag to datastore for association to VM Storage policy.
- Now you can add the new datastore to the Datastore cluster.