Friday, March 27, 2015

vRealize Operations - missing dashboards when sharing

After upgrading from vRO 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 I tried to share some Dashboard tabs and templates with certain account groups.

I have multiple solutions added which creates a lot of dashboards so when viewing the dashboard window under content i see all 69.  However trying to share dashboard only a count of 50 is displayed so cannot select all dashboards.


Solution:

I opened case with VMware support and they were able to reproduce the issue where the dashboards shared window cannot display more than 50 entries.
Fix will be available with next release.


3 comments:

  1. I see fix is now available for you

    http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2110330

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same issue, but dashboards are appearing blank for shared (Read-Only) user. I am using out-the-box solution, with only about 5 custom dashbaords, and I have installed the hotfix however am still getting blanks.

      I have cleared browser cache. I have reinstalled hotfix over itself again. I have rebooted appliance 3 times. I have deleted read only user and recreated him, with no change. Any ideas would be appreciated.

      Thanks, Darren

      Delete
  2. Hi Darren.
    I just installed the hotfix and it worked for me but only when i used the local admin user account. I initially logged in with my system administrator domain account and still experienced the same issue but local admin user seem to do the trick.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete